Friday, July 07, 2006

Today's Not Just Any Other Day...

July 7: For some, this is just another day. For me, however, this is my BASD (Basic Active Service Date). This basically marks the day I left for Basic Training way back in 1992 when I was only 17 years old. I've been in 14 years in the Army and I still can't believe how fast time has flown by. I've done so much since I've been in and I'm very fortunate for the accomplishments I've achieved during my service in the military. The first 10 years were a breeze, the years thereafter have been difficult especially with the OPTEMPO of deployments. I don't really want to write much right now since it's late here but I just wanted to mark this day, because... TODAY'S NOT JUST ANY OTHER DAY.

Footnote: It's 08 JULY in Afghanistan, but I wrote this at 07 JULY 2300Z

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello PinayArmyPA-
Well, looky here! It's 12 July and not just any other day for me. I left for basic training on this day, same year as you, but I got out and went to ROTC, so I only have 12 years in (10 active, 2 reserves/1 this past year, 1 during ROTC.) Anyway, Keep it going and thanks for being out there for us. Nice blog, by the way and good job!

Anonymous said...

Hey PinayArmyPA-
Well, looky here, it's 12 July. I left for basic training on this day same year as you. So today is not just any other day for me. I have 12 years because I got out for ROTC (10 active and 2 reserves/1 this past year and 1 during ROTC). Keep it going and thanks for being out there for us. Nice blog by the way!

Anonymous said...

I was confused... 12 July is my date of rank for Air Force. 22 July was my entered active duty for Army. It's been a while...hehe.